Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He Smells Like Another Woman

We embrace and it hits me like a brick wall. He smells like perfume.... not MY perfume.  I freeze and immediately begin to wonder who this woman is. Is she kind? Is she funny and creative? Does she take better care of him than I do? Does he love her more than he loves me? Does she cater to his every whim? For a moment, jealousy rages. I'm not ready to share him. How is it that time flies so quickly? How did we get to this place? It's not fair. I'm not ready for this.
I close my eyes and say a prayer and ask God to comfort me. I ask Him to wrap His arms around me. I ask Him to remind me that life is short and things change and to hold onto the wonderful memories but also to look forward to the new ones.
And God whispers in my ear......be thankful that you have a son who is loved and hugged by his teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment